Home » » Bolt beaten again! Jamaican rival Blake stuns Usain for second time in three days

Bolt beaten again! Jamaican rival Blake stuns Usain for second time in three days

Written By Koka Albert on Monday, July 2, 2012 | 1:02 PM

Usain Bolt was beaten for the second time in three days by training partner Yohan Blake, this time surrendering his supremacy in the 200metres.

The Jamaican world record holder and Olympic champion was edged out by his rival in their nation's trials for this summer's Games in London. Blake came home in 19.80, 0.03seconds ahead of Bolt. 

In a result that can no longer be considered a surprise, Blake started edging into the lead near the turn, then burst past Bolt for the narrow victory.
Come back here: Usain Bolt congratulates Yohan Blake after his 200m triumph
Come back here: Usain Bolt congratulates Yohan Blake after his 200m triumph at the Jamaican Olympic Trials

The win came two days after Blake, the reigning world 100 champion, beat Bolt in the 100 by running a 9.75. 

If everything goes to form, their next meeting will be at the London Olympics. 
'I can never be discouraged,' Bolt said. 'I'm never worried until my coach gets worried, and my coach isn't worried, so I'm OK.'
Flat out: Bolt received treatment on the track after the 200m final
Flat out: Bolt had time to reflect on his defeat as he received treatment on the track after the 200m final

Glen Mills, who coaches both runners, said: 'Usain, he has the experience, the ability, he has been there already. He might be a little off at the moment, but I'm sure when the time of delivery comes around, he'll be on top of his game.'

When asked if he was carrying an injury or was holding back, Bolt said: 'I don't want to get into that.
'I was just working (the leg) around for a few moments to get myself back together. I'm not far off. I can get it done.'
Bolt added: 'I was very sad with my turn, it was awful, but I've been working more on the 100 meters.
'I can't blame it on that, though. Just have to get my things together and get it done.'
Showdown: Yohan Blake (right) and Usain Bolt (left)
Treat in store: Blake (right) and Bolt (left) will renew their rivalry at the London Olympics in under a month
Dip for the line: Bolt tries to edge in front but is beaten by his rival
Dip for the line: World record holder Bolt desperately tries to edge in front but is beaten by his rival
Blake will be making his first trip to the Olympics, which can be a daunting prospect. After these pair of benchmark victories, he sounded ready for more work, not a celebration. 

'It leaves me to get back into training,' Blake said. 'It's not over. I still have the Olympics to go.'
Like a racecar driver catching a glimpse of something lurking in his rearview mirror, Blake could see Bolt making up ground out of the corner of his eye. The best ones know how to close things out. 
'I felt him on my right-hand side. No need to panic,' Blake said. 'I just stayed focused.'

In the women's 200, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce ran a personal best 22.10 seconds to also complete the 100-200 sweep. She'll be joined by Sherone Simpson and two-time defending Olympic champion Veronica Campbell-Brown.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

KARIBU KATIKA WEBSITE YA KIJANJA, KUPATA HABARI MBALIMBALI ZA NDANI NA NJE YA NCHI. PIA UTAPATA MAMBO YA ACADEMIC. KARIBU SANA
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. GetInformedTz - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger