Home » » EXCLUSIVE: My dad didn't have the heart to tell me I was rejected by City, says Welbeck

EXCLUSIVE: My dad didn't have the heart to tell me I was rejected by City, says Welbeck

Written By Koka Albert on Sunday, March 25, 2012 | 1:01 AM

Karibu katika Blog ya kijanja, kupata Habari za uwakika. na Mengine Mengi. Enjoy
Danny Welbeck's contribution to the current mind games between title rivals Manchester United and Manchester City is more slapstick than sinister. ‘City custard-pied me as a kid,’ says the young United striker, referring to the day he went for a trial there as an eight-year-old and was rejected.
‘My Dad didn’t tell me at the time, it was just before Christmas and he didn’t want to break any bad news. It wouldn’t have mattered though. I am one of those people that if you are going to say something, just say it. I take it on the chin.

‘Straight after Christmas I played in a tournament for my local side, Fletcher Moss, and that’s where United picked me up. I went for a trial and have never looked back since. I was always a Red anyway.’
Danny boy: Welbeck was turned down by Man City as a kid
                  Danny boy: Welbeck was turned down by Man City as a kid

The next few weeks could see City live to regret their decision. From being the sixth-choice striker at United a year ago, Welbeck is now Wayne Rooney’s established front partner, ahead of Javier Hernandez, Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Owen in the pecking order.No wonder Sir Alex Ferguson believes he has finally achieved his wish of uncovering a great Mancunian striker at Old Trafford.
Welbeck has scored 10 times this season and set up many of Rooney’s 28 goals. Unusually, he has all three attributes a top striker would like - speed, power and technical ability - and looks a certainty to go to Euro 2012 with England.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2119828/Danny-Welbeck-rejected-Manchester-City.html
Share this article :

Post a Comment

KARIBU KATIKA WEBSITE YA KIJANJA, KUPATA HABARI MBALIMBALI ZA NDANI NA NJE YA NCHI. PIA UTAPATA MAMBO YA ACADEMIC. KARIBU SANA
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. GetInformedTz - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger